Thursday, July 30, 2009

The day the sky came down.... again





My last full day in Japan the sky came down. Torrential rain. I packed my luggage. To no avail, I had to leave things behind. I scrambled. I tried packing again. We went and had sushi for lunch. The cheap, 100 yen a plate sushi. I wish I had one of those here in Canada. The dollar store of sushi! I went to work with Marie. Then it happened. The sky opened and the rain came down faster than a waterfall. Within minutes, it was covering the streets. I had the great idea of "needing" to go back to the apartment, so under the waterfall I left. I had water up to just below my knees. It was scary. I finally got to the apartment completely soaked. A few minutes later, the storm at past... the water drained away and the sun came back... I was still wet. Turns out, we were the talk of Japan. A tornado touched down not to far from us!!

So I went to work again. The spent the afternoon there talking with her boss. It was great.  

 














Then at night, Mamiko came to get us and we went for Okonomiyaki and Karaoke!!! Saying I had a great time would be an understatement!! Really I could not think of a better way of finishing my trip. First the food was amazing and I tried something new (I forgot the name). Then at Karaoke we pretty much sang every K8 song in the book while doing the full dances. Mamiko's friend was there and even though she doesn't speak english we had a great time. At the end of the night, everyone had teary eyes as we said our goodbyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment