Thursday, July 30, 2009

The final count down

Sunday, July 26 2009
Natsu Matsuri time

I love festivals!!!! The atmosphere is great. The food is amazing. The music is great. But I have to say, the best part is wearing a Yukatta.
Marie's boss wanted to take us to the local festival. She bought us beautiful yukata that her mother help us wear. She tied the nicest bow I had ever had (much nicer then the bow I tie). The whole family we took off. The festival was really big considering it is such a small town!! There were many portable shrine being carried around and people were throwing water at them!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhhoi!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhhhoi!!

We ate chocolate dipped banana, okonomiyaki and takoyaki. I forgot to buy the yakisoba ;-) We had a great time! Later at night, there was a parade of carts on which all the school age kids were playing Taiko! I really love Taiko. I am thinking I want to start learning. They teach some classes down at the JCCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment