Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 months!

Today Hudson is 3 months. I wish I could say that time is flying by but really it isn't. Now don't get me wrong! Time not flying by, in this particular case, is a GREAT thing! Everyday feels like a year! Everyday, Hudson acquires new skills, discovers new horizon (read hands), and my "mother" skills are put to the test! Everyday is a whole new world! From one week to another, we are making leaps and bond! Last week she was quiet, this week she coos the night away. Last month she was 19 inches, this month nearly 22! Baby time is incredible! Some people argue that they grow to fast. I argue they make a year in my life seem useless when compared to what milestones they can achieve in a month!



So today my lovely daughter is 3 months old. I have been a mom for 3 months. I haven't slept in 3 months. I have been covered in throw up for 3 months... In a way, because of my daughter, I also live my life on the fast track. She keeps me on the edge. Always moving. Discovering parts of me I never knew existed. Mastering new skills! Because of my daughter I learned to crochet! Now I am sewing her cloth diapers! Photography has become an art and so has storytelling! I am the master of multitasking! I can change a diaper with one hand. I can do 4 loads of laundry, washed, dried, folded and put away before the sun is even up (granted it's winter)!

Another way my daughter is leading me on the fast track is about weight loss. Post pregnancy weight loss. 13 weeks ago I gave birth. In those 13 weeks I have lost just over 55 lbs. I have been using the app on my Galaxy www.myfitnesspal.com . I go to the gym twice a week, I run three times a week and I go skiing once a week. On top of that, I am doing the 30 days shred on a daily basis. It might seem like a lot. It might seem obsessive, but my mind is set. I do not want my daughter to ever see me like this again. (Unless there is another baby in my belly). I am not ashamed of admitting it. I went up to 250 lbs... yep. I know. Horrible. But I have no regrets. Like I said, I am not ashamed of it. I was 250 lbs for a reason.

On the other hand, if I was to not get my weight back under control as fast as I can, then I believe I would have regrets. Then I would be ashamed. Perhaps I would even hate myself and be depress about it. And I do not want to feel that way.

So as soon as Tristan gets back from work, I hit the gym. I religiously count my calories. I think before I eat. It's not easy, but honestly, it's not hard either. It's where I am and where I'm at and what I have to do.

And I am not alone! My sister is with me. My mother is with me. And they each have their reason. And on my fitness pal I made lots of friends. My support group. Other women who had babies in October! And when I go to the gym, I have wonderful instructors. Friends. Cheerleaders.

So here it is! My ticker! I am past the half way mark! And I would like to reach my goal before Hudson turns 8 month.

As for the pictures, I took them. I really wanted some daddy-daughter shots. I also would love some Mommy-daughter shots but I am holding out a bit longer... maybe for her 6 months. 




Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment