Friday, January 27, 2012

Cloth diapers reviews part 2

Motherease

I bought my first Motherease product just after my 3 weeks old daughter got second degree burns from using disposable diapers.  (You can find that story here). I was at Serenity Birth studio in Horshoe Valley when I found the bamboo sandy Motherease fitted diaper. It was love at first sight. It was so soft and luxurious, exactly what my poor daughter's burned bum needed! I bought two and was eager to try them. As soon as I got home I prep them and put it on her. I used my Super Bright Bummies cover with it. It was a perfect fit. The two snap on each side made it so easy to put it on. It was also very easy to adjust. I used the diaper from about 7lbs to 10 lbs and never had a leak or a blowout from it! I then bought 5 of the size up (S) (The sandy are a two size diaper so the size small fits 8lbs-20lbs) in cotton and two of the Airflow covers. My sandy Motherease have become my go to daytime diapers and to this day I have never had a leak or a blowout from them! They fit great on my growing little girl! I especially like the fact that even if I use the biggest setting and leave the diaper fairly loose on (which is great with a gassy baby), because of the particular design, it still won't leak!


However, because they are a true cotton diaper, they do not keep the moisture away from the babies skin, because of that, I make sure to change the diaper as often as possible (I don't use them if I know I will be on the road), and I have made it into a habit to use a Bummies fleece liner. I also have to add that they stain very very easily and I am still having a hard time to destain them. The farmer stick does not seem to work on it either. Hopefully the sun will do the trick in the spring! I should also mention that the bamboo one for newborn lost it's luxury feeling very early on (but still worked great) and there is a very limited cover pattern selection.


That being said, of all the cloth diapers I have been using this is by far my favorite one! Motherease sandy is a diaper I can truly depend on. Easy to use with no fears of leaks! I truly recommend this brand (and it is from Ontario as well!!!)


Pros
       Great fit!
       No leaks!
       Easy to put on and adjust!
       Two size diaper (so you get to use it for a long time without the bulk of the OS)
       Buy Local!

Cons
        Stains really easily
        Limited choice of prints for covers.                                                                                                    


Fuzzibunz

I was so excited to get my Fuzzibunz! I had hear great things about it. So many people seemed to swear by them. So I tried my really hardest to like them. But the fact is that I barely ever use the ones I have now. Essentially they are a pocket diaper so very similar to Bumgenius 4.0. They have snaps and are OS (You adjust the size by pulling on the elastic around the legs. ) Unfortunately I was never able to adjust them properly enough that I would have no leaks. No matter what I have tried, I always get leaks or blowout on the sides around the legs. I also have a very very hard time stuffing the insert. The pocket is very narrow and my hand hardly fits through the middle area. Because of the narrow pocket, it is also hard to add more inserts in there. One positive I noted, was the quality of the actual insert. Very absorbent! (To get the best of both worlds, I have been using my Fuzzybunz insert with my Bumgenius shell!) I also found that even on the smallest setting, the diaper was not overly bulky on my 8lbs baby which is a good thing when you try to fit a cute outfit on top of it. Personally, for the same price, and for similar product, I will stick to Bumgenius.

On a side note, Fuzzybunz has just come out with a new diaper and has updated their warranty on their diapers.

Pros:  Great insert.
           Pretty trim for a OS diaper

Cons : Leaks!
            Hard to stuff.                                                                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. We love our Mother-ease diapers! We have One sizes and a Duo in our stash right now. We used Sandys when Max was little. I love that Mother-ease is produced with in Ontario! Nice to support Canadian companies. I recommend Mother-ease to all the mom's I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried absolutely every diaper and fitted on the market and I ended up going back to my motherease one size I used with my sin, they dont leave red marks and for 3 years with my son never had one leak, upgraded to some sandys for nights for my super peeing daughter and they are bulletproof, there is a reason motherease has such a following, becuase they work and theres nothing I like to do more then support a Canadian company

    ReplyDelete