Friday, January 27, 2012

Cloth diapers reviews


Bummies
I use the newborn prefolds (24 of them) and 4 covers. The reason I bought this (as a set) was because of the low cost. It was just under 80$. I was not so keen on using prefold and thought I would prefer AIO. But I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at how easy to use prefolds were. Easy to clean, easy to store, and easy to carry around. I had leakage problem the first few days, and it did take a while before I could fold it properly in the cover but now after less than 2 weeks, I could do it with my eyes close! I do have to say thought that 4 cover is not enough and decided to buy 2 extra ones. I find the trim on the bummies cover would soak up the urine and stay wet. For extra protection, I would add one Kushies insert inside the prefolds. I used the size newborn covers from just under 7lbs to around 9 lbs. The prefolds, I used them until my daughter was around 11 lbs with a size small bummies cover. The size small covers still fit but I do not use the prefolds anymore. For the covers, I used both the Bummies Super Bright (Shown on the picture) and the Whisper wrap. I found that the Super bright cover was giving me a trimmer fit and a better protection.

Pros: Prefolds are really easy to wash.
         Good value for your money.
          Not too bulky under clothing.

 Cons : My husband finds it too complicated to put on.
            Lots of leakage problem
            The trim on the cover soak in the urine.                                                                                         


Rainforest babies

In all fairness, I have to say the ones I have are hands me down! So Tuna is the third baby wearing them! I had never heard of this brand and I am unsure as to how easily available they are. I have to say, they fit great on my skinny baby (size small) and they are really easy to assemble. 

A cute colorful insert snaps on both ends. Unfortunately, they leak... they leak.... they leak.... I still use them, but only if it is for a short period of time.

Pros: Durable.
         Easy to assemble.
         Washes really really well.

Cons: Leaks!


Bumgenius 4.0 snap OS
Even though Tuna has reached the minimum weight, they are still too big. I did however used them a few times and can't wait to fully rely on them. Why? Because I love how the insert soaks in all the moisture and leaves the outer layer almost fully dry! However I do have to mention that they are bulky on little ones. (My husband loves them once assemble. He likes how easy they are to put on.)

Tuna is now 13 lbs. We have been using our Bumgenius 4.0 snap OS for 4 weeks now. I love them! They are my go to overnight diaper. They are easy to assemble and the pocket is large enough so you can easily add inserts. They also wash really well and the stains are not to hard to get rid of with a farmers stick.

On the down side, the insert does not suffice for overnight use. I usually add another insert that is 2 layers of microfiber and one layer velour. Most leaks I have encountered were up the back as oppose to around the legs. 

Pros: Keeps baby dry.
       The fact that they are OS is great!
          Very little leaking problem.
          Great fit on older infant.
          Love the designer series!

Cons: They are expensive!!
          Takes a little longer to assemble!
           Very bulky on the little one.
           One insert is often not enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment