Monday, May 28, 2012

Senbazuru for Hudson Part II

Hudson with Ayumi's bird.


I announced a few weeks back that we were going to Asia! And indeed we are! This will be extremely exciting for all of us. Hudson will get to meet her great-grandmother and many of her great-aunts, great-uncles and cousins. She will also get to spend some times with her grand-parents and aunt. The second part of the trip will be very different. My husband, my daughter and I will be flying over to Japan for a two weeks holiday (finally our honey moon) .

It will be my fourth time in Japan and the second time for my husband. I am so excited to be able to bring him to all the cool places (mostly restaurants) I have discovered through all my travel there. We will be staying with Ayumi for a week and then we are of to FTO (Osaka) for a week!

I am so thrilled to be bringing my daughter there! Through out the pregnancy, I use to bribe her in staying put with the likes of "I can't wait for you to come out so I can show you Osaka"

But more importantly, during this trip, we will be making our way to Hiroshima to deposit the 1000 paper cranes folded following my MC at the Children Peace Memorial. (We are keeping Ayumi's bird and the 1000 birds I folded during the pregnancy wishing for a healthy Hudson. When she is older, she can decide if she wants to bring them there).

Hudson with the birds that will be going to Hiroshima
Now who's up for a little anecdote? As some of you might be aware, the monument in Hiroshima was built in memory of Sadako (you can click on the link for the full story). Well I just recently found out that Sadako died on October 25th (yes! that was Hudson's due date) after spending 8 months fighting leukemia. It is during that time she folded her paper cranes. It hits close to home, as I remember spending my whole pregnancy (roughly 7-8 months) folding my paper cranes hoping with all my heart that Hudson would make it to term and be healthy. Sadako's prayer were not answered, but mine were. And it is with a very heavy heart that I will be going to her monument, to surrender the birds.

Off course, you will be able to follow all of our On the road adventure as I will up date through this blog. Also, don't forget to "like" my facebook page, to make sure you don't miss a beat.
Children Peace Memorial in Hiroshima

3 comments:

  1. Je connaissais pas cette histoire ! C'est vraiment touchant ! Je me demandes si Sadako a réussit au final a plier ses 1000 grues ! Sur wikipedia ils sont pas sur.

    Ils font quoi quand tu apportes les 1000 grues au fait ? Je suis curieuse ...je connais pas cette coutume ! ( il y a encore plein de trucs que je connais pas ).

    Sinon c'est certain que je suivrai vos aventure en Asie !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non.... Sadako n'a pas terminée ses 1000 grues mais ses compagnons de classe l'ont fait pour elle ;-)

      Une fois par année, les grues sont brûlées dans une célébration sobre.

      Delete