Monday, September 17, 2012

Food for my little Tuna : Le-tout-en-bar

Ok, so here is a little recipe I created for Hudson. I thought I would share it with you guys! It is essentially a soft-chew bar that could also be baked as a muffin or bread. For the last couple weeks, I have been looking at alternative for Cheerios. Most of the product I could find in store were either over priced organic goodies or cheaper kid's oriented food containing lots of food coloring including caramel food coloring. So I surfed the internet looking for recipe. I tried a few ones that were good but not "tasty good". I was also looking for a recipe that used no honey, no nuts, no egg and limited dairy. It also had to be soft enough for my toothless 10 months soon to be 11 months baby. So I decided to come up with my own. I took every food Hudson loved and mixed them together... here is the result!

-1 cup of oatmeal (I buy a special type mixed with flax seed)
-1/2 whole wheat flour (or you could use a gluten free flour)
-1/2 cup shredded carrots
-2 over ripped mashed banana
-1/2 cup of applesauce (or 1 egg)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1tsp cinnamon
-1tsp vanilla
-2 tbs of soften cream cheese (optional)
-1 tbs of olive oil

(You could replace the carrot with coconut or squash)
(I grated some old cheddar to put on the top before baking.)

In no specific order (I know some will tell you it's a crime, but with a walking baby in the house, I had no time to be fancy) I mixed everything together and spread it about 1 inch thick in a baking pan. I baked it at 350 for 18 min. And voila.

This recipe does not make a big batch since it won't keep long anyway and baby doesn't eat all that much, but cut into little pieces, it's perfect as a snack, on the go or for "dessert".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment