Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oh Japan! How I missed thee!

It felt great to be back! Oh Japan! How I missed thee! It all started with a great flight with JAL. We got picked up at the airport by our host and headed out for the small town of Sosa.

Unfortunately by then, Hudson was exhausted and decided it would be appropriate to scream at the top of her lung for the whole 35 minutes it took to make it to our host's house. Tristan did his best to keep her occupy while I apologized non-stop in broken Japanese. Talk about a good first impression. lol But lucky for us, they did not seem to mind at all. We arrived at Ayumi's house, and I was so glad to find it just as it was when I left 2 years ago. I was so happy to see everyone! The greetings were short and after a delicious meal, we all headed out to bed.

The next morning, we all went to visit the Kyudo dojo with Ayumi and her grand-father. Tristan tried his hands at Japanese archery while Hudson watched very attentively. We then made our way to Shimamura! We shopped A LOT! We bought jimbei for the matsuri and a lot of cool Japanese houseware.

For lunch, we traveled to the next village, Asahi, and went to my favorite sushi place! I ate more Maguro than I should and even Tristan was able to enjoy himself!

We ended the day with a trip to the local park with the coolest slide ever! It is so long! I would have just LOVED to ride it as a kid!








Tristan and Ayumi both went down in it. I did not... Hudson was in my arms... asleep....









Seriously! How cool is this! But beware!!! It really hurts your bum! And for anyone who would be interested! In Ibaraki prefecture, there is one even longer! As a matter of fact, it is the longest in Japan. I believe it is about 150 meter long!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment