Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Party Time!

 

I love October! I love Halloween! You can only imagine how exciting it was for me to be due at the end of October! For the whole pregnancy, I kept telling my OB that the baby could not come more than a week late! The baby had to be born in October!!! And as you know, Hudson was born the day before my due date or exactly a week from Halloween!










I have been sewing costumes for years (theatre, cosplay, Halloween....)! Off course, Hudson's birthday was going to be a costume party! Now I have to admit, it was hard to get everyone excited about it! I guess most people are not into wearing costume... (That truly makes me sad!) Anyway, I was going to make sure Hudson had an awesome costume, so I started working on it back in April! I crochet a whole Naruto outfit (including the hair). I used wool because I wanted to make sure it was going to be warm enough to go trick-or-treating! I was going to make the outfit of the 4th for my husband (since you know he is Naruto's dad) and Tsunade-sama for me, but I ran out of time. So instead we wore our old Bleach costume from 4 years ago.








My sister came down for the weekend and was kind enough to make a cake that would go with Hudson's outfit. We googled Naruto Cake for some inspiration and were surprised at the amount of cakes! (So much for being original). At first we wanted to make the Nine tails, but we ran out of time and decided on something a lot more simple!












 
I also had a special candle holder, cake topper made for her birthday! This great local artist made it for us! It's a paper crane (off course ;-) She is also the one who made my mom's wedding cake topper and the clay-photographe of Hudson I received at my baby shower! Here is her website, if you want to check it out!

So here are some pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment