Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin for my little Pumpkin

Hudson loves everything "squash". Off course she does! She's an October baby!! So in my quest to stray away from the good old fashion "let's have cheerios for a snack" way... I decided to play around with a few pumpkin muffin recipe I found online and finally came up with my own version which I find fit for my little 11 months old girl. (I am not a nutritionist... I simple try to use common sense).





- 2 cup of flour (white, whole wheat, gluten free... they all worked fine)
-1 1/4 cup of mashed pumpkin
-2 eggs (I have yet to try the recipe with applesauce instead, so if you do let me know how it turned out)
-Vanilla (Sorry I never measure)
-Cinnamon (Sorry I never measure)
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 cup olive oil
and....
hold your breath....
SUGAR! (I tried without and honestly it just tasted horrible. I tried with 4 teaspoons... it wasn't so bad. With 1/3 cup it actually taste really good without tasting sweet at all. So I would recommend you try different amount, depending what you feel comfortable with.)

If you put 1/3 cup of sugar, that comes down to 1.7 gram of sugar per muffin (does not take in consideration the natural sugar from the pumpkin)

I just put everything all at once in my kitchenaid mixer... Yes you know me... no fancy step. Give it a good mix. Then poor evenly in mini-muffin. Bake 20 min at 350C The recipe gives about 24 mini-muffins or 12 fullsize muffins.





Now let's come up with a fun name for this recipe just because I can ;-)

 Let's call it... Huddy-Sue's Kabocha-pan

No comments:

Post a Comment