Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We did it! Hudson is 1 year old!





We did it! We made it through! Because that is exactly how it feels... yes! We made it through the ups and downs of the first year! A year that at time flew by, while some other times felt like an eternity.






A marvelous, scary, fun and exhausting first year. There was not a day I was not amazed at the sight of this little miracle. Not a day I did not wonder, as a parent, "what the hell am I doing?". No text book, no manual to follow. Well meant advices left and right,  common sense and circumstances. Very different from my literary academic life to date.





My little Tuna went from a healthy 7lbs 18 inches to a respectable 19.8 lbs, 27 inches. Little Tuna, month after month discovered the wonders of her environment and beyond. She traveled to Ottawa, QuĂ©bec city but also Manila, Bohol, Cebu and Japan! She took part in her first Terry Fox walk and is now being amazed by the flying colorful leaves at the park. She loves looking at birds, cats and dogs. She fed dears in Nara and goats in Barrie. When you ask her "Where Mini-fox is?" She goes and find it! She knows cheese from a cookies and milk from water. She just knows so much. I said it before and I will say it again.... I wished I could learn so much in so little time. I wished I could soak up the world like her, one sight, one sound, one taste at a time. 




So a year has gone by! And really, looking back, it wasn't that bad! I had a quick and very easy recovery from my c-section. I was up and walking the same day I give birth, I was off medication on day 5 and back at the gym on the dot at 6 weeks. We made it through the first year without any colds, we did have some harsh teething episode but still not much to show for (the very first tooth is still in the process of cutting through, it is currently 1/3 out and slowly making it's way up). We battle an UTI all the way across the planet and an antibiotic reaction but still managed to pull through. In the last few months, Hudson is slowly getting accustom to being babysat and does better every time. Hudson has been walking for over 2 months and is starting to run. She can go up and down the staircase and she can terrorize the cat like no other baby has done before! So with all this being said, I am ready for a new year! I guess here starts toddler-hood (or is it later? Sorry I am new at this). To another great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment