![]() |
| Kuhn Rikon Stainless Cookie Press and Decorating Set with Storage Box. |
Off course with Chirstmas just around the corner, I have been cooking. The countdown is on, as I have to bake 78 cookies for my workplace cookies exchang on Friday December 10th! This year I wanted to outdo myself and went a head and bought the Kuhn Rikon Stainless Cookie Press and Decorating Set with Storage Box. I tried it with two different recipies and I was so please of the results. Easy, pretty, tasty cookies... that is until I tried washing the stainless steel tube. The tube is lined with a plastic inlay and the cookie dought easily gets between the layers. I tried cleaning it out. Impossible. I let it soak for a few hours, nothing to do about it. So broken heartedly I returned it to the store. After checking the manufacturer's web site, I realised many people seemed to have the same problem.
After talking with friends, I found out that a good brand to buy would be the Norpro Brand of product. I was also told to avoid the Pampered chef brand. Unfortunatly, it is too late for me to pass an online order for this year, but I will look into getting one next Christmas.
I decided instead to stick to what I do best and that is: make chocolate!! I went for an easy, white chocolate candy cane melt that I poured in silicone christmas mould from Dollorama. I use to buy chocolate mould from Bulk Barn but I find the silicone one work better and can be used for fudge, jello, candy and ice (off course). I didn't see the need in buying expansive mould from cooking store as the dollar store one work perfectly well!
I then proceeded in making the dought for some chocolate cookie sandwich with candy cane filling. A quick easy recipe I found online. Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies But just as I was ready to roll them in little ball, I found there must have been worms in my mom's flour... back to square one, I had to throw away the dought and head back to the grocery store.
I will give it a second chance on wednesday so check back for the results!!

No comments:
Post a Comment