Hudson loves everything "squash". Off course she does! She's an October baby!! So in my quest to stray away from the good old fashion "let's have cheerios for a snack" way... I decided to play around with a few pumpkin muffin recipe I found online and finally came up with my own version which I find fit for my little 11 months old girl. (I am not a nutritionist... I simple try to use common sense).
- 2 cup of flour (white, whole wheat, gluten free... they all worked fine)
-1 1/4 cup of mashed pumpkin
-2 eggs (I have yet to try the recipe with applesauce instead, so if you do let me know how it turned out)
-Vanilla (Sorry I never measure)
-Cinnamon (Sorry I never measure)
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 cup olive oil
and....
hold your breath....
SUGAR! (I tried without and honestly it just tasted horrible. I tried with 4 teaspoons... it wasn't so bad. With 1/3 cup it actually taste really good without tasting sweet at all. So I would recommend you try different amount, depending what you feel comfortable with.)
If you put 1/3 cup of sugar, that comes down to 1.7 gram of sugar per muffin (does not take in consideration the natural sugar from the pumpkin)
If you put 1/3 cup of sugar, that comes down to 1.7 gram of sugar per muffin (does not take in consideration the natural sugar from the pumpkin)
I just put everything all at once in my kitchenaid mixer... Yes you know me... no fancy step. Give it a good mix. Then poor evenly in mini-muffin. Bake 20 min at 350C The recipe gives about 24 mini-muffins or 12 fullsize muffins.
Let's call it... Huddy-Sue's Kabocha-pan

No comments:
Post a Comment